Travis A. Jokerst
Project Manager, GIS Specialist, Estimator, & Mine Inspector
Travis Jokerst has 12 years experience with project management, the implementation of GIS technologies, preparing cost estimates, and conducting annual SMARA surface mining inspections. Mr. Jokerst’s assignments find him working in a project management function to facilitate permitting of aggregate projects throughout California. These duties include communicating with the client, coordination with technical specialists, and representing the client’s needs before regulatory agencies. He is also fully capable with GIS technologies, enhancing his ability to bring a variety of information sources to bear to facilitate permitting efforts.
Mr. Jokerst has also reviewed and prepared numerous cost estimates for reclaiming mine sites throughout California. His experience with conducting annual SMARA compliance reviews and inspections has been gained in the Cities of Redlands, Highland, Rialto, Upland, and the County of San Bernardino.
- Preparation of Reclamation Plans and several Financial Assurance Cost Estimates for a variety of mining operations, some of which include inert debris landfills.
- Site location analysis for a rock quarry and aggregate processing facilities using various limiting data sets. These data sets include population density, geology, roadway circulation, availability of critical public services, land use compatibility, and biological constraints.
- Managed technical consultants and coordinated with public agencies on a joint Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) / Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for a rock quarry in southern San Diego County.
- Completion of annual mining inspections since 2003 for sites throughout the County of San Bernardino.
- Managed numerous projects involving permit processing for Site Plans, Major Use Permits, Conditional Use Permits, Surface Mining Permits, Tentative Parcel Maps, Boundary Adjustments, Rezones, and Building Permits.
- Identification of permeable land surface area through interpretation of soil classification, land use development, geology, elevation, and climatic influences.
- Coordination with sub-contractors, consultants, community planning groups and county/city staff.
Mr. Jokerst is skilled with the use of ArcGIS software and a number of complementary applications including Visual Basic, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, ERDAS Imagine, and Java Programming.
EnviroMINE, Inc., Project Manager, GIS Specialist
San Diego, California, 2003 - Present
San Diego Police Department, Crime Analysis Unit, GIS Technician
San Diego, California, 2003
U.S. Geological Survey, Water Resources Division, GIS Assistant
San Diego, California, 2002
B.A., Geography, San Diego State University, 2002
Seminars and Training
- CEQA Workshop, Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP), 2003
- Surface Mining and Reclamation Act Seminar, HTHJ Law, 2006
- Site Work & Heavy Construction Estimating Seminar, RS Means, 2007
- CalCIMA Annual Educational Conference, 2010
- Surface Mining and Reclamation Act Lead Agency Workshop; Presented by the Office of Mine Reclamation, 2012
- Situational Leadership II Seminar, The Ken Blanchard Companies, 2013
- Historic Preservation & Native American Cultural Resources, HTHJ Law, 2014
- CalCIMA Annual Educational Conference, 2014
- Federal Lands Minerals Permitting, HTHJ Law/Lilburn Corp., 2015
- CalCIMA's SWPPP Training Seminar, Haley Aldrich, 2015
- Confident, Assertive & In Charge: Developing Attitudes of Leadership, Dale Carnegie Training, 2015
Memberships and Affiliations
- California Construction and Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA)
- Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP)
- The Associated General Contractors (AGC)
Hobbies and Interests
Travis is a husband, father of three kids, and enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He has always had an interest in sports. Travis played several years of baseball during his childhood, lacrosse while in high school, and is enjoying playing golf as much as possible (especially when he’s beating Warren). Travis also likes to camp and hike, which has included summiting Half Dome, San Jacinto Peak, San Gorgonio Mountain and Mount Whitney.