James A. DeCarolis
GIS & AutoCAD Specialist, Mine Inspector, & UAV Pilot
James DeCarolis has substantial experience with GIS and AutoCAD software and with the preparation reclamation plans and reclamation cost estimates for a variety of mining projects in California and Arizona. He also leads EnviroMINE's Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) program and is proficient with eMotion and Postflight software used with aerial mapping assignments. Mr. DeCarolis renders high resolution aerial photos to create topographic mapping that can be used with GIS, AutoCAD, and virtual Geomatics 4D software applications. He is also gaining experience conducting annual compliance reviews for mining projects. James is motivated and anxious to gain experience in all of EnviroMINE's varied work assignments. During calendar year 2016, Mr. DeCarolis completed a wide ranging construction aggregate royalty survey that included public and private sources in California, Nevada and Arizona.
- Aerial photography and topographic mapping of more than 50 mine sites to date with relative accuracy from 10 cm to 4 cm.
- Completed Annual Mine Inspection of multiple sites and reviewed Reclamation Plans/Conditions of Approval to ensure compliance.
- Prepared and updated Financial Assurance Cost Estimates, Annual Reports, and Interim Management Plans for clients.
- Assisted in research, preparation, and submittal of CUP extension of time.
- Helped research and compile data for Asphalt Market Study.
- Researched, prepared, and updated multiple Reclamation Plans.
- Analyzed volume calculations of mine plans using AutoCAD software.
- ArcGIS software
- Postflight/ Pix4D
- VG4D UAV Explorer
EnviroMINE, Inc., GIS & AutoCAD Specialist, Mine Inspector & UAV Pilot
San Diego, California, 2014 - Present
Southern California Mountains Foundation, Restoration Intern/Supervisor
Big Bear, California, Summer 2014
Jackman Group, Accounting Clerk & Administrative Assistant
Coronado, California, Summer 2012 - 2013
B.A., Environmental Business, University of Redlands, 2014
Private Pilot Ground School, San Diego Miramar College, 2015
Licenses, Seminars and Training
- Private Pilot’s License
- eBee Training Course
- SMARA Inspection Workshop
Hobbies and Interests
James has been interested in sports from a young age and played football for Valhalla High School. When he doesn’t have his hands full entertaining his three nieces, James can be found spending his free time missing shots while playing basketball at the YMCA, watching the Chargers underperform, and rooting for Lebron James (and whatever team he is playing for that day). He also enjoys animals, the outdoors, and is in the process of becoming scuba certified.