Project Manager, Permitting and Compliance
Kristen Davis has 5 years experience with project management, SMARA compliance and annual reporting, IDEFOs, acquisition due diligence, zoning and planning permits and entitlements and Waste Discharge Requirements within the mining industry and other commercial/industrial industries.
Ms. Davis’ assignments consist of preparation of IDEFO Operation Plans; Waste Discharge Requirements compliance and implementation; SMARA compliance, annual reporting, and cost estimate preparation; due diligence reports for site acquisition. These duties include site research, communicating with clients, coordination with technical specialists and subcontractors, and communication with regulatory agencies.
- Preparation of Reclamation Plans amendments, SMARA compliance, annual reporting and several Financial Assurance Cost Estimates preparation for a variety of mining operations in Southern California.
- Managed technical consultants and coordinated with public agency on a Precise Plan of Design project for a mid-sized senior housing facility in Orange County.
- Acquisition Due Diligence for a property in the County of Riverside.
- Preparation of Report of Waste Discharge, Waste Discharge Requirements compliance and implementation, Groundwater Monitoring Plans preparation for a variety of mining operations in Los Angeles County.
- Management and preparation of Inert Debris Engineered Fill Operation (IDEFO) Operation Plans
- Managed numerous projects involving permit processing for Site Plans, Variances, Conditional Use Permits, Specific Plans.
- Coordination with clients, sub-contractors, consultants, and county/city staff.
- Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Science
- Regulatory Compliance
- Conditional Use Permits
- Land Use Permitting and Entitlements
- Mine and Reclamation Planning
- Television and Radio Broadcast
- EnviroMINE, Project Analyst/Manager, San Diego, CA, December 2017- Present
- Davis Consulting Services, Land Use Consultant, Villa Park, CA, October 2012
- Conestoga-Rovers & Associates, Environmental Consultant, Irvine, CA, October 2010- October 2012
B.S., Earth Science and Environmental Studies, University of Michigan
LICENSES, SEMINARS AND TRAINING
- Surface Mining and Reclamation Act Seminar, HTHJ Law, 2016
- CalCIMA Annual Educational Conference, 2013-2017
- Surface Mining and Reclamation Act Lead Agency Workshop; Presented by the Office of Mine Reclamation, 2013
- California Construction and Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA)
- South Coast Geological Society (SCGS)
Hobbies and Interests
Kristen is very involved in the Orange Plaza Rotary Club. Rotary is an international service organization that conducts service projects in local communities and around the world. She is currently President of her club. In her free time Kristen enjoys hiking, camping, traveling, spending time outdoors, going to the beach and spending quality time with her family and friends. She is a huge Anaheim Ducks hockey and University of Michigan football fan.